The workshop offers a stimulating, yet relaxing and productive time for discussions on research and educational issues. This is the time to discuss topics of mutual interest in preparation for developing new research proposals and educational initiatives. All four Research Themes will be discussed.
Special sessions and presentations during the workshop include:
- Update on ARPA-E Grid Research Proposal
- SC Coal Ash Program – Mr. Jay Hudson, Administrator, Environmental Management
- Generation Dispatch – Mr. Khai Le, VP, Power Costs Inc. (PCI)
- Panel Discussion led by Dr. Randy Collins – What Educational Services Does Industry Need from the Universities?
- Threats to the US Grid – a panel of experts discussing the various vulnerabilities of the US grid. Speakers may include Hank Cooper of High Frontier, David Owens of EEI, Steve Kalland of Solar House and others.
- Update on current research projects
- The workshop’s objectives are to:
- Discuss current research projects
- Generate ideas for future research projects
- Discuss the proposal solicitation for new projects beginning in 2016
- Discuss current issues and opportunities
Please click the following link to register and pay for the meeting:
- Presentation & discussion sessions
- Refreshment breaks
- Lunch on Thursday
- Reception & Dinner on Thursday
- Breakfast & lunch on Friday
- Conference center
Please click the following link to take advantage of the CAPER group rate at the Courtyard – Boone, NC:
- Register by August 2, 2015 to guarantee your reservation and group rate.
- Participants include CAPER’s industry and university members, and invited guests.
- Workshop attire is business casual.
If you have any questions, please contact Melissa Kaisner (email@example.com).
303-B Riggs Hall
Clemson, SC 29634-0915
The workshop and all associated activities will be held at the Courtyard by Marriott:
Start Time – End Time
Thursday, August 27, 2015
- 1:00 AM – 5:00 PM Session I
- 5:30 PM – 6:00 PM Reception
- 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM Dinner – Catered by Casa Rustica
Friday, August 28, 2015
- 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM Sessions II & III