*Update: Due to current travel restrictions in place which impacts classroom and instructor’s schedules, the 2021 courses have been cancelled. Plans to hold the course in the summer of 2022 are in work and future updates will be provided as they occur. Thank you for your continued participation and we look forward to seeing you next summer!
CAPER Summer Course 2020 / Hosted By Clemson University:
July 12th – 17th, 2020 at Zucker Family Graduate Education Center
July 27th – 31st, 2020 at Zucker Family Graduate Education Center
Summer Course Syllabus – 2020 Charleston, SC
Course: “Power System Analysis with Distributed Generation”
CAPER will again be offering its four-week summer course in Charleston, SC. This course will provide a comprehensive overview of the fundamentals of power engineering and power system analysis with distributed generation. This course is intended for industry professionals who have completed at least a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or have comparable work experience. The course is designed to act as a refresher for the basics and as a brief introduction for more advanced topics.
Course Topics include three-phase fundamentals, transformers, transmission lines, substations, power flows, power electronics, distribution systems, loads, power system planning, operation, protection, dynamics, stability and control, transients, and distributed energy resources and integration into the grid.
Upon completion, students should be able to:
- Perform three-phase analysis
- Understand the per-unit system
- Understand AC machines operation and different kind distributed generations
- Analyze transmission line electrical performance
- Perform power flow analysis
- Be familiar with power electronics devices, converters, and machine drives
- Have detailed knowledge of distribution systems, substations, loads, and the effect of distributed generations
- Have in-depth understanding of power system planning and operation
- Understand symmetrical components and their role in unsymmetrical fault analysis
- Analyze symmetrical and unsymmetrical short circuit scenarios
- Be familiar with renewables and storage control and integration and their challenges
- Better understand of power system protections
- Understand different forms of stability studies, root causes, controls and different forms of system transients
- Describe distributed energy resources and their integrations into the grid
- Understand and analyze power quality issues
Pricing (Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org/CAPER Administrator for all promo code requests):
CAPER Members: $2,495
Non-CAPER Members: $2,995
Early Bird discount: $2,245 for CAPER members only
There is no Early Bird discount available to Non-CAPER members.
Students: $1495 student pricing available upon request. Please contact us for more details.
Receive an additional 15% discount when registering 5 or more attendees! – Available to members and non-members. Not applicable to student registrations. Must register all in one purchase to receive discount. Please contact Shannon Jenkins, CAPER administrator for discount codes at email@example.com.
Registration: Now Open – Click Here To Register!
Fundamentals of Power Engineering – Summer July 2020 – Flyer